1. Only persons involved in the move need be present.
2. Consolidate your personal belongings.
3. Stow in manila envelope all paper clips, staples, small office accouterments.
4. Pack separately all active and pending files.
5. Top Secret files should be locked. Hold key. GENTLE MOVERS can arrange for security escort.
6. Filing drawers should be tightened internally, locked and taped. Tag all key and keep with you.
7. Desks need be emptied and wrapped or boxed.
8. Books should be packed in cartons. Shelving should be dismantled if possible and wrapped.
9. All office machinery should be serviced, liquids drained, wiring disconnected by appropriate service person.
10. Leave office machinery unpacked on its stand. GENTLE MOVERS gives special attention to all such equipment.
11. Any particulars of the move should be described to GENTLE MOVERS well in advance of the moving day: Security escort, plumbers, electricians, number of employees being moved, etc.
GENTLE MOVERS abides by the Massachusetts Movers Association 7-point Code of Ethics:
I. To improve our methods, increase our efficiency and render a full measure of service for fair compensation.
II. To foster and maintain a spirit of good will toward the public whom we serve, believing that courtesy is the first essential requisite and to be at all times honest and fair in our relations with patrons.
III. To adhere strictly to a policy of truth in advertising, and never to mislead with dishonest intent by inference or otherwise in public or private statements of character.
IV.To believe that our associates within the industry are persons of honor imbued with the ideal of mutual improvement and preservation of the high standard of our craft; and in furtherance of such principle to fulfill promptly all obligations due them.
V. To be interested in the welfare of our employees: Consideration of their health as affected by working conditions, to the end that their worth be fully compensated and their best effort be enlisted in the service.
VI. To carry out the spirit and letter of all contracts in which we engage; to respect and observe with utmost fidelity those principles of association to which our members subscribe.
VII. To dedicate, with great good will, our time and energy to the conduct of our business on the high principle of the Golden Rule, believing that in no other way will a full measure of success be permanently assured.